Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Painful Past-Time ...

What is it, you ask?
Snowboarding
Who first thought of strapping one's feet onto a board, and decided that it would be a good idear to travel at a face-chilling speed down a slope, I wonder ...
The day after I go snowboarding I always try to remember exactly why I chose, of my own free will, to participate in this painful {not to mention c.o.l.d} winter activity - then when I find myself, yet again, at the top of the slope ... I remember. =)
Quite honestly, I am not a proficient at it; however, I do enjoy it muchly.
Because I did not think to take that many pictures, Olivia was kind enough to let me share some of hers. =)
We went with a group of friends - it's the grandest!
{photo credit Olive}
I promised myself that the next snowboarding trip I take, I will wear a face-mask - no more Arabic scarf-wrapping ;}

The facility was quite nice =)
At the end of the day, I stopped not because my muscles were aching, but on behalf of my frozen hands and face. =P

Thanks awfully, R, for your kind patient instruction. =)

A good sister-bonding activity - knocking each other out as you endeavor to get off the ski-lift gracefully. ;)

I have been enjoying some hand-crafting recently. =)
It really is quite delightful ...
January is at last beginning to behave itself - within the past two days we have been blessedly snowed-upon {after tolerating 50-some degree weather}! ;) Actually, it was amusingly fun to take a bike-ride in the middle of January ... I can't say as I've ever done that before. =)

I hope that you are having a fantabulous first-born month of the year!

Pip-pip,
Phia
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had tons of fun! I have yet to go snowboarding....maybe sometime I'll try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so much fun! Have been skiing. I am going to attempt snowboarding though next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! I wish I could go with you!!! =( Well, maybe next time... =-/ It looks like my homies had leaps of fun. I'm glad (Even though you got frozen) that you got back safe & sound & in one piece! :D Love ya, SGF! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)