Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February the 32nd, 2012

It is a comforting thought, indeed, to know that there isn't a Blogger Constable (whose name is Orville) that keeps tabs on all the blogs in Blogdom, and bestows gentle prodding when there's a blog that isn't keeping it's readers up-to-date ... orrrr, perhaps that would be better on behalf of the greater good - for then one would have even more incentive to stay on schedual, eh? =}
As it is, I am glad there is not a Blogger Constable Orville (today at any rate ;), for I have been remiss of late and have missed one of my posts - and for that, you are all awarded the prize of Most-Patient-and-Understanding-Blog-Readers! =)

January was quite a happy (and shockingly warm) month - being filled with friend-visits/calls; a stay at the DLH; delighting in the privileged freedom to worship my Jesus every day<3; thinking day-dreamy thoughts about getting my driver's permit - 16 days from now only(!); going off on a snowboarding expedition; drinking many mugs of tea; babysitting cute little kid-links once a week =); playing family games, all sorts; taking many walks and some bike rides (in the absurdly warm weather) ... yes, no - January has been grand. =) And now February the 32nd, is upon us, doncha-know! *gasp* How the time does fly in the neighborhood of my life ...
A Friend-Visit =)

More Friend-Visits ~ Sister Days =)

My family has recently been blessed to watch several sessions by Jamie Lash (an immense 'Thank you very much!' to the B family =), from his series This Was Your Life ... I tell you, it certainly hits home! So, one of the sessions was on humility, and a {para}phrase that really stayed with me (after S helped me put my thoughts into words ;) was, "Humility isn't thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." He made the very fine distinction that humiliation is not humility - one does not go around humiliating oneself to obtain humility. Humiliation is just the opposite end of the pendulum - with pride on the one side, taking yourself on an ego trip (focusing on YOU); then we swing to other side and are welcomed to the self-abasing pity-party (also focusing on ... YOU) - we need to be earnestly seeking the Lord, shifting our focus off of self and onto Him, seeking to serve others as unto Him ... then we'll find that when we are so focused on God and others, there's no time for that limelight-seeking old flesh of ours - and we all say, most emphatically, "Good riddance, to you sah/ma'am!" Disclaimer: along with batteries and fruit not being included, Satan will most likely try to feed you some sort of sugar-coated lie, such as, "Ok, you've been focusing on others for a good one or two weeks already ... now let's have some YOU time, eh?" As you try to refuse the repulsive mush, he may even try to pull the old 'Here comes the aaiiirrplaaane!' trick, just like your mum used to do, in an effort to get you to consume your wegetables like a good kiddie should; however, you must not succumb to this tactic when he's at the opposite end of the spoon (when it's your mum, please do her the kindness of obliging =). No, no - do not compare yourself to the norm ... compare yourself to Jesus - He's our Standard, Whom we should ever strive to be like.
I'm leaving for FL on the morrow ... yes, yes, another spontaneous road trip! This is quite becoming my habit, I say. =} I am grandly excited and in a sort of daze, all at once - I've never been to FL during the month of February. =) There's always a first for everything, wot-wot!
Again, thanks awfully for your patience in regards to my now {regrettably} infrequent posting habits - you're peachy chums, all of you. =)
God go with you!
Pip-pip,
Phia
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, Lovely. Eeeeee! I cannot WAIT until Feb. 10th!!! ;) We totally understand not finding time to post recently! =) Any Post, anytime is fine with me! :D love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I awarded you over at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, Cuz'! :)
    And you're taking drivers ed soon?!?!? You must be super excited!! Ahhh I'm so happy for you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)