Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Things of the Oleevia ...

I have been delightedly anticipating this post for several months now. =]
Why?
Because this post is dedicated to my incredibly fantabulous second oldest sister, Olivia. <3
2010
{photo credit to the talented Michaela Potterbaum}
If you've been around us or read our Christmas letter, then you already know this; but, for those of you who do not know, I mostly don't ever call her Olivia. =} The majority of the time, I speak to/refer to her as any of the following:
Oly
O
Olive
Olivette
Livs
Livvy
Liv
Livia
Olive-oil
Oliffe
Ollie, etc., etc., etc.!
2009
A few reasons (among many) why I like this girl:
She lets me sit in her lap =}
1994
She lets me ramble (and listens to me!); she plays piano duets with me and doesn't become impatient even when I interpret the piece differently than she does (heh heh); she is always so kind, patient, and understanding when she teaches or shows me something new; she pleasantly tolerates my rather spontaneous personality =P; annnnd
she *still* lets me sit in her lap!
2010
In 2008, our Oly-girl began experiencing major intestinal pain and discomfort. So much so that it hurt to eat or drink anything. She became very weak. We had no idea what the cause was.
When we brought her in to the hospital, she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease
(in a nut shell, your immune system starts attacking your intestinal tract).
After 12 days (if my memory serves me correctly) in the hospital, she came home!
The amount of tests, IVs, and all manner of unpleasantries she went through was exhausting; yet, God turned it into a very special time in her life. He was so faithful to carry us through. <3 To hear Liv's testimony is such a blessing!
An amazing group of friends chipped in to give her a get well gift!
The kindness shown to Olivia and our family during this time was truly overwhelming. <3
2008
This was right after she got home!
We took a special family outing =)
2008
O and I have done a lot together in the past couple years - it has been stellar! To begin our adventuring, the day after our beloved Evy was married, we both went down to Dallas, TX to attend (I was attending, she was a leader) a young ladies program for two months! =D
2010
I loved EXCEL (the program)!
However, two months away from home, I got a leetle home-sick. ;P
Yes-no, having Ollie there was an incalculable blessing! <3
2010

Things done together does, indeed, include shopping (with friends makes it 'specially fun)! =)
2011

Aren't they dears!
2011
Now, some of you may still be under the impression that Olivette is only ever pleasantly quiet, sophisticated, demure, and professional ... while she most definitely is, there is also another side of her personality ...
she is the most hilarious hobo-child ever!
Filled with,
Style,
{2010}
Wit,
{2010}
and Charm ;]
{2011}
All-light, all-light {my favorite way of saying 'all right' ;}, she is incredibly crazy; but, returning to her 'normal' self ... =]
She really super enjoys being an Ant to this little chum!
2011
{pc to Ev}
We take many pictures together *irresistible smile* ;)
2011
annnd more pictures *shing* =}
Happy 21st Birtday, Olive!
Pip-pip,
Phia
Post Script ~ All-light, since it is her 21st birtday {for that is how I like to say it}, and it only comes but once in her life, you must all comment about at least 1 thing you like/have noticed or appreciate about Olivia, right? Of course right. =) I shall then compile them and give them to her - because words of affirmation is her love language. =)
Post Post Script ~ Incredibly fantastical crazy lovahlee weather we have been having the past couple of days, yes?! =D It's certainly been a joy to be out in God's breath-taking creation - go on, do something outside! =)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Good ole' Livs!... :D She is definitely a sweet ♥! Happy Birthday Livs! ...I wish I could hve spent a bit more time with you while I was up there visiting for two short days. Soph is SURELY fortunate to havesssss you! ;) BLESSINGS
    **

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send "Happy B-day" wishes to Olivia for me! :) It's been a while, but I remember her as being Kind and Caring. Plus she's a Fred... Nuff said. ;)
    ~Justus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Olivia! Kindness and a ready smile are what immediately come to my mind when I think of her...thanks for this wonderful tribute post, Sophia!

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Havens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! This post totally captures her personality! Olivia is so talented, nice, and fun to talk to! One of the things I love about her is that she's super sweet and I can see Jesus shining through her. :) <<True story!

    Happy birthday cousin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, Sophia!
    I appreciate Olivia's quiet, humble heart of service and gentle spirit :)
    Tell her happy belated birthday for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes,of course,happy birthday Olivia. I have always appreciated your attitude toward all things and that you're so caring and gentle.

    Stephen A. McDaniels

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, personally, do love how she and I play off of each other in order to run puzzling circles 'round her unsuspecting younger sister. *ahem* I also love to watch as she holds said younger sister, now terribly dizzy, steady until she recovers, figuratively speaking. ;) Olivia, as long as I have known you, I have considered you to be a perfect lady. In the past year and a half, I have had the privilege of getting to known you better as a person and have found that though 'perfect' may not be entirely accurate, 'lady' invariably is. Happiest of happy birthdays to you, Oly!
    ~ Sarah McDaniels
    Post script to Sophia: Yay, you linked to The Frowning Prince! *shing* O is cute in glasses. Not that you aren't, dearest, I just hadn't seen her wear them before. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry this is late, I did wish her a happy birthday on her birthday. *Sheepish grin.* Olivia, I don't know where to start. I guess the beginning would 'weally' be the best place to start. Our families have known each other for a very long time. As the years have gone by, I have been very blessed at how God has taken you through many trials and testings and chastened you to be the virtuous woman you are, and still becoming today. You are such a living testimony of a walk with the Lord, and there is such a bright and exciting light in your eyes that just makes everyone (at least me) want to experience the same joy that is evident in you. The joy and energy that you show in your relationship carries into your daily life, whether it be sports, instruments or friendships, you have such an energy in what God has blessed you with. God bless you this coming year, and happy birthday again! :)
    ~ Michelle Martin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)