Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Stir-Fry of Thinkings ...

Sincere apologies for the lack of a post on this page last week.
You're all chums. =)


*sigh*
I love that quote, "Sometimes a sigh says it all."
Because, I certainly feel that way - a large percentage of the time. ;]
And isn't it positively a delightful thing when one happens upon scribblements that articulate one's thoughts?
I rather feel so. =)

Here are some of the recent articulations of my soul ...

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."
Psalm 42:11

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there  be any praise, think on these things."
Philippians 4:8

"And the peace of god, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

"If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is."
Unknown

"We know nothing of tomorrow; our business is to be good and happy today."
S.Smith

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” 
― C.S. Lewis

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: ... I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be forever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him."
Ecclesiastes 3:1, 14

“Would it be possible for me to see something from up there?" asked Milo politely.
"You could," said Alex, "but only if you try very hard to look at things as an adult does."
Milo tried as hard as he could, and, as he did, his feet floated slowly off the ground until he was standing in the air next to Alex Bings. He looked around very quickly and, an instant later, crashed back down to the earth again.
"Interesting, wasn't it?" asked Alex.
"Yes, it was," agreed Milo, rubbing his head and dusting himself off, "but I think I'll continue to see things as a child. It's not so far to fall.” 
― Norton JusterThe Phantom Tollbooth



"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men."
Colossians 3:23

{I just realized that that was a lot of reading, including only 1 picture - if you've read
 this far, I commend you! =}

Yes, I am blogging at 2:37a.m. 
All the craziness going on in my brain wouldn't let me sleep until I could get it somewhat sorted. ;P
I'm not so certain about my thought process right now (not that I'm ever immensely assured of it! ;) - it's rather random, sporadic, and quite unpredictable; however, that is one of the countless immutable characteristics that I love about my God - He is constant. 
My Anchor. <3

I sincerely apologize to all my dear friends who have been endeavoring to get a hold of me recently, on the telee.
Please know, I'm not intentionally missing your calls. =(
Life has been ... shall we say, life? =P
I have not dropped off the face of the earth (only switched states, temporarily ;), and I do look forward to enjoying a chummy chat with you sometime soon-Ishmael. =D

I am, at present, delighting in a somewhat prolonged stay at the DLH, 2nd edition (the Porters Jr. having moved)! <3
 To be sure, you will read of it soon. ;)

Go with God!

Pip-pip,
Phia

RANDOM TID-BIT
My blog is officially 1 yr. and 5 days old ... !! =D
Thanks for sharing in my adventures this past year.
The joys were multiplied every time you smiled with me. =)








2 comments:

  1. Awe, look at his chubby, cheeky face... What yummy quotes and verses those are! =} I bet you're really enjoying staying with your lil' nephew & sister(:
    All This Love,
    ♥nsle♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed my stay enormously! However, Missings of You were also very present. <3

      Delete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)