Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Challenge-17: Post the 17th


"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."
~ Malachi 3:10 ~


{he discovered the North Pole on our Expotition}

[The following is for my readers who enjoy W the P. ;) If you don't fall under that particular category, please, feel free to just scroll through the photos! =]


 "We are all going on an Expedition," said Christopher Robin, as he got
up and brushed himself. "Thank you, Pooh."

   "Going on an Expotition?" said Pooh eagerly. "I don't think I've ever
been on one of those. Where are we going to on this Expotition?"

   "Expedition, silly old Bear. It's got an 'x' in it."

   "Oh!" said Pooh. "I know." But he didn't really.

   "We're going to discover the North Pole."

   "Oh!" said Pooh again. "What is the North Pole?" he asked.

   "It's just a thing you discover," said Christopher Robin carelessly,
not being quite sure himself.

   "Oh! I see," said Pooh. "Are bears any good at discovering it?"

   "Of course they are. And Rabbit and Kanga and all of you. It's an
Expedition. That's what an Expedition means. A long line of everybody.
You'd better tell the others to get ready, while I see if my gun's all
right. And we must all bring Provisions."

   "Bring what?"

   "Things to eat."

   "Oh!" said Pooh happily. "I thought you said Provisions. I'll go and
tell them." And he stumped off.


 
{Evins are good at Discovering, too =}
 The first person he met was Rabbit.

   "Hallo, Rabbit," he said, "is that you?"

   "Let's pretend it isn't," said Rabbit, "and see what happens."

   "I've got a message for you."

   "I'll give it to him."

   "We're all going on an. Expotition with Christopher Robin!"

   "What is it when we're on it?"

   "A sort of boat, I think," said Pooh.

   "Oh! that sort."

   "Yes. And we're going to discover a Pole or something. Or was it a
Mole? Anyhow we're going to discover it."

   "We are, are we?" said Rabbit.

   "Yes. And we've got to bring Pro-things to eat with us. In case we want
to eat them.  Now I'm going down to Piglet's. Tell Kanga, will you?"

   He left Rabbit and hurried down to Piglet's house.




{this is a mole, that was discovered back in August =}


 The Piglet was sitting on the ground at the door of his house blowing
happily at a dandelion, and wondering whether it would be this year, next
year, some time or never. He had just discovered that it would be never,
and was trying to remember what "it" was, and hoping it wasn't anything
nice, when Pooh came up.

   "Oh! Piglet," said Pooh excitedly, we're going on an Expotition, all of
us, with things to eat. To discover something."

   "To discover what?" said Piglet anxiously.

   "Oh! just something."

   "Nothing fierce?"

   "Christopher Robin didn't say anything about fierce. He just said it
had an 'x'."

   "It isn't their necks I mind," said Piglet earnestly. "It's their
teeth. But if Christopher Robin is coming I don't mind anything."


{staking his claim}
If you have the yen to finish the story, you may do so here: http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~sujith/winniethepooh.txt =}
For, it's much too long to post. =(

Our Expotition moved to the out-of-doors. To keep baby-boy's head warm, I transferred the mustard from my pate, to his. ;]


The mock-Egyptian child received compliments on his headgear, from friends and strangers alike! 


I find myself severely wishing I knew what he was saying - because, whatever it is, it's always said in the most Adorable Way. ;)


~ Across the Great Red-Line ~


Me and my Charge <3


::The Conclusion::


"You remember how he discovered the North Pole; well, he was so proud of
this that he asked Christopher Robin if there were any other Poles such as
a Bear of Little Brain might discover.

   "There's a South Pole," said Christopher Robin, "and I expect there's
an East Pole and a West Pole, though people don't like talking about
them." Pooh was very excited when he heard this, and suggested that they
should have an Expotition to discover the East Pole, but Christopher Robin
had thought of something else to do with Kanga; so Pooh went out to
discover the East Pole by himself. Whether he discovered it or not, I
forget; but he was so tired when he got home that, in the very middle of
his supper, after he had been eating for little more than half-an-hour, he
fell fast asleep in his chair, and slept and slept and slept."

[Except, instead of his chair, it was my arms <3]

{My Wee Wanderer}

That was a portion of my Sunday. =]

Pip-pip,
Phia
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Aww! He's so cute!
    Good to see you updating! I love to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have my complete agreement in re to the Evin, Schelle! ;] heh heh Well, I must warn you, I don't think I'll have the chance to post for the next 5-ish days, seeing as I'll be out of state. =[ I'm love that you love it. ;} PTL!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful adventure! And such a cute adventurer to accompany you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)