Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Heart Thrills ...

I was pretty much bouncing up and down on Saturday morning, after Dad handed me a letter ... now I love getting letters; but, I normally don't literally 'jump up and down'. What was the cause of my Delight? I'll let you guess ;) ... {it's not that difficult}...







Yes, a letter from the Queen of England! In early July, I had written her a birthday card...I really had quite relinquished any expectations of receiving a reply {that same week, in fact}; thus, the letter was met with immense enthusiasm. =D Later, as I was reflecting on the happiness of the moment, a question arose in my mind: Why am I so excited to receive a letter from someone I've not even seen in person (additionally, it was only from a Lady in Waiting)?? Becaaaause she's a ruler of a country (several, in fact) and she's British? Then it struck me. I should be infinitely more elated over possessing a Letter from Someone Else; Whom I have never seen in 'person', but Who knows me; Who is not only the Ruler of several countries, but rather has dominion over the entire universe and solar system; Who may not be 'British', but created all mankind (which is significantly more awesome!); Whose 'Lady in Waiting' didn't write the Letter, but Who was the Author Himself, and inspired His disciples to physically record His Letter to me {and you too =} on paper. The Holy Bible is the longest, most personal, most valued and treasured Letter I posses ... in fact, it's the most important possession I 'own'. <3 As happy as I was to 'hear from Her Majesty', I am far happier to hear from God. Both receiving the letter from England, and the {re-}realization that I posses a Letter from the Creator of the World, did indeed give my heart thrills.
{on the inside of the envelope}

Something else that has recently given me thrills...
He certainly is Mr. Popular whenever he's in the presence of other human beings. =) They came up for a visit this past weekend...

I had the rare privilege of holding him for 15 entire minutes!
~Just Waking Up~

Ant Heidi
{alternate spelling = pronunciation purposes}

The 3rd generation ... 26 years ago Dad started a singing ministry for a nursing home during his single years, and after he was married all of us children were brought in our baby-carriers as we each entered the family; now his first grandchild was able to 'participate'. <3 It was really special!
{Also, thank you! to all of the people who were praying for Dad's eye surgery...the doctors said it went well! Now he is recovering. Continued prayers are appreciated.}
Baby Sunday!
{Babies, left to right: Aidan, Alice, Evin; born in August, June, and August, respectively}

The Mamas!
Remember to value what is truly important.
What are some things that give you thrills?
Ta-ta,
Phia

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe about that letter to the queen!!!!
    That is soooooo amazing! I think you should arrange to meet her. :) LOVES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... all very happy things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie!! This post makes me smile. (=
    ...and makes me miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cool! :)
    I love the pictures of Evin!

    Something that gives me a thrill...That Christ loves me so much that He died for me!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how amazingly cool!
    Things that give me a thrill....reading Isaiah 40, playing the piano for worship, sipping a grande-iced-peppermint-soy-mocah-with-whipcream, to name a few.:)
    Love you!
    Baylie

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post, Sophia! It's so great when we discover how "ordinary" events in life can give us an eternal perspective.

    I haven't seen you in so long. miss you! hope everything is going well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)