Wednesday, September 14, 2011

If I were a Bird

I just recently found this poem-type-saying, and I am smitten!
"Delicious Autumn!
My soul is wedded to it &
if I were a bird
I would fly about seeking
successive Autumns."
So, you get the idear how I feel about Autumn ... =D
{I have discovered something that is making my life easier - collages. Please bear with me, as I am still experimenting with them. =)}
Here are some things that Autumn has been/means to me ...
it means: wearing Summery outfits for as long as you can before you have to rotate your wardrobe

it means: putting up inspiring Autumn decor that reminds you of your married-and-gone sister who made the wreaths from scratch!

it means: thinking cozy thoughts about L.L.Bean slippers that will soon be yours =D

it means: attending happy end-of-Summer picnics with great friends and squeezing in as much recreational pursuits as possible before the ground is thoroughly hidden in 22 inches of snow

it means: cousins coming and having a happy time for a bit ... until ...

... it means: saying goodbye to your cousin who's stayed with you for the past 2 1/2 months
(then it is less happy)
but before he leaves ...

... it means: having cousin lifting competitions amongst 11 and 10 year old cousins to see who's the mightiest ... until 18 year old cousin joins the competition and then we all see that he's the superlative

it means: being sneaky and telling your sister to try to blow into the tire-pressure-gauge and move the needle =P

it means: cramming 7 cousins in a three-person-backseat because you do not like to see them leave

... I wish I had more pictures to show you what Autumn means to me ... perhaps I'll have a sequel post. =)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry, there is yet more ... it's just so important that I couldn't wait until next week. =}
Someone who is incredibly special to me will be celebrating a Birth Day soon, and I would like to dedicate this last half of the post to her ...
Our Heidi-girl is turning 11!
Her name means Noble Spirit, and it is beautiful to observe how well that suits her. <3
She's a hard-worker, creative mastermind, competitive sports-player, comic relief, kindred spirit, generous benefactress, and more than these ...
we have grand times!

She is an expert face-maker

and also has a delightful 'normal face' =)

The 'twins' - ten years apart =)

Instead of: Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy it's ...
Ev, O, Soph, and Heidi <3

She is now almost as tall as me, and once she does pass me up *sigh of resignation* I will be the shortest member of the family (except for Evin! buuut that won't last long ;P)
It's immensely amusing to me that so many people this year have told us that we look alike ...
not really seeing it =P

She's gotten even taller since this picture from April!
{photo credit: Evangeline Renee }
I love you, Heidi-kinz ... Happerly Birthday! <3

Autumn means: me smiling. really hard. +D!
Ta-ta,
Phia
Post Script - I apologize for the appalling grammar =P
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww Hedi is soooo cute....Happy Birthday Hedi miss ya both soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post, Soph! And I always enjoy seeing how you sign off... It's so so cute! =]
    Miss you terribly. Tell Heidi 'HEY' for me! So, it's her birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post brought a smile to my face...you are so creative! I love fall too! Keep loving every minute of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome post Sophia! I love Autumn to :D Tell Heidi Happy birthday for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures, Sophia!
    Miss you, dear!
    Baylie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)