Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Developments in the Gel's Room and Smiling Feet =)

We're not quite finished; but, since you've been most patient, here are some pictures of what we do have ...
~Finishing Touches~

~Not Immensely Inviting ... Yet~

Naturally, repainting a room inspires one to just sort of redo the entire thing (at least, that's what it inspires me to do ;)! So, I have been playing around with spray paint - oolala! and what fun I have been having.

The newly rearranged room now has space for a ... reading nook! I am elated. =D Howevah, the new prospect presented a slight dilemma - in that we had no chair to put there. =/ Not wanting to spend heaps of money (and endeavoring to put into practice what I wrote about in my 'doing' post last week ;), I thought of a chair that we had in the attic ... the hideous, ancient, green-velvet covering wasn't exactly a feast for the eyes, to be sure, but why not try my hand at re-covering (er, rather, Evy's hand, since she was coming up for the weekend any way ;)?
And underneath the 'hideous-ancient-green-velvet covering' ...

I breathed a quite literally audible sigh of relief when Evy agreed to take on my whim. =)
~The Pro-cess~

Another thrifty thing, was that the fabric came from our stash. =) Oh, and did I mention the chair was formerly my great-grandmother's? Vintage furniture = happiness!
~My New Favorite Chair!~

~In Awe Over My Sister's Amazingness~

This whole room decorating thing is too much jolly fun! =D Again, a big hug and 'thank you' to Evy, for inspiration and helping me find good deals. =)

The white baskets were 50% off at Hobby Lobby ... =D!

Ah, a part of organizing and cleaning - reliving memories. <3
~My Nevy - sorry ... couldn't resist putting up more pictures of him ;)~
{pom-pom hat from the very talented Polly }

The Little Man getting all dressed up for his baby-shower
(which I was incredibly disappointed that I was unable to attend ='( - )

~One of the amazing gifts from the shower~
(my wee camera does not portray it as beautiful as it is in real-live-ness =/-)
{by Brooke - whose very name evokes inpiration =)}

~Baby-man~

~I'm his Ahnt!~
*sigh* Sometimes it just hits me - like that 16lb. hunk of beef did the other day (that was strange) =P

~I had to stay home by myself on Sunday because of under-the-weather-ness, so I was trying to cheer myself up by: smiling and wearing my favorite Land's End scarf~
(btw I got the scarf as a gift last year, and I still do not know who it was from! So, if you're reading this, wonderful-person-who-gave-it-to-me, thank you! You really do have excellent taste, and know me quite well - green, scarf & Land's End =} - )

Because it was so deliciously Autumn outside, and I had to remain so disappointingly inside, I felt the yen to make Pumpkin Spice muffins so that I could still bask in one of the many smells of my favor-ite seasons. =)
(and maybe perhaps, because Mum requested that I make them so we could utilize some of the abundant squash produce we have enjoyed this year - Ephesians 6:2)

~This caused me oodles of smiles!~
{free shipping - immensely large plus in my book!}
I have been delightfully anticipating these super-iferous slippers for the past three weeks or so
(not that it took that long to arrive - I simply couldn't make up my mind as to which colors I wished ;), and now I have them ... on my smiling feet. =D
~Can't you see the Smiles?!~
And so that my very-loved-GAP slippers
(from my big brother <3)
would not feel excluded, here are their lovingly-worn, smiling soles as well. ;)

As I type this, with my trusty cup of tea beside me; sitting on my new favorite chair; in my new favorite nook; wearing my new L.L.Bean slipper-ers; using my faithful laptop - Edmond; I gratefully ponder the undeserved-goodness so lovingly bestowed upon me by the Good and Perfect Gift-Giver; yet, because He, ultimately, is the Good and Perfect, His Grace enables me to see a cup of mud, an old ugly chair in an inconvenient house, made of cardboard, with no laptop (or any other electrical device) as a Good and Perfect Gift. Why? Because He is good; not only in the peace and plenty, but also in trials and famines. To be sure, the 'trials and famines' of my life could not hold a wick next to the numerous sufferings which others have endured and are yet experiencing; however, the anguish of spirit they have caused; nights of beseeching Him to remove the suffering, and the times when I felt like the tears would never cease ... He is and has been teaching me, ever so lovingly, how to call Him good all the time - all the time, He is good. A verse of comfort that a dear friend reminded me of this week:
"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
~Psalm 30:5
So let God hit you like a 16lb. hunk of beef - sometimes that's what it takes for those of us made of the more stub---, er, determined stuff - and remember to thank Him for it. <3
Ta-ta,
Phia

5 comments:

  1. Very nice... and happy. God bless you Sophia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that scarf! Look really adorbs on you. OMGoogle, the room.... it's breathtaking! I just love everything about it! Y'all could not have done a better job! Cute little nephew. ;)
    Your Nanner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your room,your slippers,and your chair!!! Amazing Job!!!
    Miss Ya:(
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, PhiPhi. The hat is only cute on a baby, and that's a fact. You're too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shoes you bought at L.L. Bean!!! They are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)