Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life is Fleeting~

And the question arises: "Just how is it that we find ourselves already in the first week of October?"
It is positively astounding that there is a mere two months, and 26 days remaining in this year of 2011.
*dink-dink*
I have found this verse appearing quite frequently in my ponderings of this past week,

"Whereas ye know not what [shall be] on the morrow. For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

~ James 4:14


Life is fleeting ... like those vintage cars that wouldn't stay still on the highway when I was trying to take their picture ...


... and those strawberries that were right there before my eyes ...
(then like *that* they ... weren't there ;)

... and those tiny girls you used to babysit; then five years later ...

... they have graduated from 'tiny girls' to 'little girls', just overnight it seems.
(but really, we know that it was five years, only it didn't feel that long)

So, why is it that we feel the need to hold on to and have more 'stuff'? It might not even last a year, let alone eternity ...
(this is something that I must continually remind myself of)
{mental note: there is a difference between need and want}

But, what will last?
The time, love, energy, and resources that you pour into someone else's life, out of your own, because Jesus has filled you with that much joy and desire to bring glory to His Kingdom!
I have the gift of showing Jesus' love to these little ones ...

How many times have I missed out on the blessings that God wants to bestow upon me, simply because my priorities are not what they should be? Again, being predominantly an S, changes in sheduals {schedules} are not always met with ... smiles? So, while I didn't do things that I normally would have done on a Saturday morning, instead, I had the privilege to witness the baptism of a dear friend and sister-in-the-Lord. It was a joy to be there, H. <3
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
~Proverbs 27:17
We spent the time together singing praises to our Lord, and engaging in uplifting and stimulating conversation. =) What a blessing I would have passed over if I would have listened to the whispers of the Enemy, trying to keep me in my little box of routine and shedual-ness.

{I hadn't seen this dear girl since 2009! R, it was so much fun. =)}

This little man will not stay little for too long ... hmm, I do believe I shall take every opportunity, that I can, to hold him while he'll still let me. =)

She's 11 already!
(why isn't there an emoticon for pulling one's hair out, because of sheer astonished-ness?)

Life is fleeting ...
what things are eternally worth your time?
Ta-ta,
Phia

6 comments:

  1. Wow! It's like all the things your were talking to me on the phone about, just appeared on your blog! I love that! Lol. Seriously, Monk-Phies, LOVE THE POST! Especially the background for your blog now! those girls are cute! That's a lot of stuff to have in your purse/bag! Lol. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    -Love Ya-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the strawberries!!! They are so red and big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James 4: 14 is one of my favorite verses! It is such a great reminder of what is really important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so privileged to be included in one of your wonderful posts ;) And I love the subject of this one especially! What a great reminder that we need to maximize the little hiccup of a life we've been given.

    Onward, Christian soldier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this year has gone so fast! It's true when you watch the time, like I have been doing this project every day and today is the 292 day of the year, and its amazing to look back and see all that has happened but its already almost a new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)