Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'm Glad


Why am I glad?
You would be too if:
-you realized that God loves you so much He is never going to leave you alone
(even when you mess up an astronomical number of times!)
-you recognized that a truly sincere love does not hesitate to throw you into the fire - because, that is the only way that you can be purified
-you discovered that when you empty yourself of {you} and ask God to fill your spirit, soul, and body with {Him}, that is when you find true fulfillment and satisfaction
-you were just so delightfully overwhelmed by the greatness and goodness of your God, because the fact slaps you in the face every day that you.are.no.good. and how could a just God love you?
Because He is also a mercifully loving God. <3

These are a couple of the thoughts that have been swirling around in my rather chaotic brain at the moment.
I have by no means achieved an A+ on any of the aforementioned.
Being a slight perfectionist - ;) - , I confess I find the fact incredibly disheartening.
Why can't I perfectly pass all the tests and exams that are served to me in the classroom of my life?
Then the thought comes to me ...
If I could perfectly pass them all, where would the need for a Teacher be?
Praise the Lord that I need Him every hour!
The Apostle Paul nails it,
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
God has given me some crazy-awesome opportunities this month, let alone the entire year! I am excited to see Him work...
and I am glad.

Ta-ta,
Phia

Post Script - I realized there are no pictures in this post!



{photo credit: Evangeline Renee}




I know right, what better picture could you ask for!
That picture is practically 2 1/2 months old now...I'll try to get an updated one on here soon. =)




3 comments:

  1. Wow, love the post, how true. Hey, I really like your blog,...! =) Ok, you might think I am a CRAZY person,...But do you remember me?? I am Haley Longs Pen Pal from IL, And if I remember right,..we were at your church the Sunday that your nephew was dedicated,... A month or two ago...And Hannah Porter, introduced me to you...At least I am thinking you are that person?? *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do indeed remember you, Leah!! Ah, what a fun Sunday that was. =) It made my day to read your comment. No worries...I'm pretty crazy too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you remembered me. I like *crazy* people, they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)