Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WOW ...


Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!
There is so much that has happened in the past three weeks ... and 'wow' describes it purrrty well. =)
Three weeks ago last Sunday night, at 8:40-ish p.m., the opportunity arises for me to leave the next morning at 6:30, to go to the UP of MI, and help work in the kitchen at - - - -
The Northwoods!
Wow, so that was grandly random ... I was in a daze the entire night as I make an effort to pack.
Please do not mistake me - I love the Northwoods and Journey ; it's just that I deal best with spontaneity when I can :plan: for it. =}
But, God's ways are much higher than my ways ... and I am so grateful that they are. <3
To discover how God divinely appoints everything is such an adventure and joy!
The entire week was a blessing - the one sad part I remember is that in my dazed state of mind, I forgot to pack my camera. ='( Thusly I have not a one picture from the week.
So, here is a picture of our now completed coat rack!
A book shelf - spray painted + random board found in our back woods - spray painted and cut + plus 50% off decorative knobs from Hobby Lobby + being taught how to use a drill ;) =
another thing that actually got done!! =D
A great thank you to Dad, Andrew, and Evy for helping and inspiring me. =)
{O, S, and H =}
After having a nice wind-down week at home, Olivia and I headed back up to the Northwoods the next week to, once again, help cook for the last young men's Journey of the year.
And this time, I remembered my camera! =)
The Beloved Dish Machine
(I at long last know how to work one now =)

Harr-harr ... I forgot ... the only other unpleasant thing from the first week (beside forgetting my camera) was reenacting one of the ten plagues of Egypt.
Yes, flies.
Everywhere!
I loved the flies so much, that I composed a poem in their honor.
~A Fly Observed~
When I gaze upon a fly
I ponder means that I can try,
to swiftly say "Goodbye!"
to inconvenient Mr. Fly.
{these sticky things are my very good friends ;}

*sigh*
Did I mention that I got to work with amazing people the entire week?!
Well, I did. =)
{haha - we wore our EXCEL polos when we cooked for the ALERT guys on the Journey ;}
The Serving Line

Drink more Water!

Very fun!

Amazingness about to happen =)

I have this thing - for oatmeal. =}

Oh, highlight!
We took one of the girls snipe hunting.
It.was.smashing.
That was definitely the hardest I had laughed all month!
Didn't you know that you catch snipes using paper bags full of salt?? ;)

The Anticipation!

And voila! She caught a 'snipe'. =)
She was such a good sport! That made it fun to teach her how to hunt snipe. =)
What grand memories ...

Cody - forever smiling! =)

Annnnd there was a very special birthday while we were up there! Caitlin made an incredible cake, from scratch, and creatively used what we had in the kitchen.
She is increable!

Whew!
Then home again - back to my people - taking walks. =)

God has been teaching me so much - He is good, and He is my God. <3
Go, take a walk.
Ta-ta,
Phia
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Nice to see what you've been up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Snipe Hunting! HAHA! That is always FUN! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! I
    love the coat hanger!!! And the picture of you and Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I didn't see this post earlier, but I'm glad I got so see it!!!!!! I agree... *Beautiful Shots*, PhiPhi! Just gorgeous. =D [:
    I love all the different scarves you wear! Luv 'em! Luv u! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Mawahahahaha* I've been released on your blog! ;)
    I *loved* your poem, Sophia, so cute. And yes, those sticky things were very much my friends too. Did I mention, I love the hooks in your bedroom: O, S, H. SOOOOOO cute!
    Anyway, thank you for figuring out how to let us "Anonymous" viewers figure it out!
    ~Su ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)