Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blaze Orange - Not for the Faint of ... Stomach

This is one of my Happy Places ... waaaaay up North in Bagley, MN. =)
My Grandma Fredrickson lives there on a farm. It has been my happy privilege for the past four Summers, to spend a month or two with her. And every year in November we all go up there ...


It was a jolly good time of frolicking with cousins and ...

... Hunting the Elusive White Tail!


Doing one of my favorite things, at one of my favorite places. =}
No, that is not My Deer - my cousin, Anthony, bagged this one.
(But somewhere - out there - roaming the forests - is - My Deer)

And yet another one of my cousin's - blessed fellow. ;)
{Heidi was posting with us in the mornings and evenings - but next year, we're letting her loose!}

This is what Dad has grown up doing every year ...
In his element. =)

Ah, the last drive of the day.

Sometimes I wonder why tree stands aren't built a little more - structurally sound?

The Mighty Hunter
(After tearing his ACL in a football incident last year, we were all glad that Anthony could hunt with us this year =)
Our freezers are full, and we'll be having nice warm venison stew this winter. =)

Guess who was waiting for me when I got home??

He is smiling and laughing now!
Three months old tomorrow ... how the time does fly. =O

His first piggy-back ride on Uncle Erik!
I've never seen Erik so willingly tolerate anyone pulling his hair. ;)
(Not to worry - I was holding onto him the entire time =)

Gran came back with us, and got to see her first Great-grandson for the first time!
Life is such a grand adventure!
To say that I enjoy every minute of it would not be true - because sometimes the adventure is not so pleasant; however, by God's grace, I can say that I am grateful for every minute. <3
Ta-ta,
Phia

4 comments:

  1. *sigh* Hunting!!! Something I hope to do more often... I'm so glad you get to go! Oh, Soph, those orange outfits are just so cute! Lol. They're just so.... bright! The nephew is getting *SO big!!! It's amazing. He's so cute, girl! (Love the pigtails, btw!) Sorry about the long comment! ;) Happy blogging! :D Luvsssssss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, one more thing... That barn and the property is SOSO amazingly adorbs! Just so very cute! You know, our house is big and red, too. Its kind of looks like a barn... (Don't worry, God has *JUST* the right deer of there for you!!!) And no one else can have it! :P Always keep your head up, hun! Great post! ♥♥♥♥♥♥ <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, looks like you all had lots of fun. My brother bagged a big 8 pointer last night...He was quite estatic..haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophia, if they were less flimsy, hunting would be less fun! You have to be adventurous! I can just see it, dear: You, at four in the morning, in twenty degree temperatures in northern MN, with a gun. You see a big buck, and you shoot. The kick of the gun makes the whole tree quiver. Oh, yeah, PhiPhi, get with the danger! LOL.

    btw, if any of this sounds like I don't know what I'm talking about, it's cuz I don't. I have never been hunting, but have shot a gun or two, however, I grew up in the inner city of Chicago. Any hunting there, and I think I would get in trouble. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)