Tuesday, October 18, 2011

In Celebrations

I do apologize for being unable to post last week ... I was else where, and had no access to the internet. I shall tell you more about that in my next post, but for now, I crave your patience, because this is for another special someone
...
Erik!
My Little {big} Brother just turned 15, Friday last ... I mean seriously, he's half way to 30!
Just as I tell Andrew that there are not two years between myself and he (rather, 21 months ;), so I am reminded that I have only 23 months on Erik. ;P
Remember how I was telling you about Heidi and her name meaning?
Well, the same goes for:
Erik ~ Honorable Ruler
Whitmore ~ Skillful with the Sword
Oddly enough, he was always the one we naturally gave the part of the king or {ruler} to in all of our "productions". And it is my prayer that he will continue to be a skillful wielder of the most powerful Sword that exists - God's Word. <3
It was constantly one of the most perplexing questions, in my mind, as to why all of our babysitters and friends would tell me that my little brother was the "cutest thing!" ... I remember pondering the statement, looking at my *ahem* enthusiastically energetic little brother (with that incorrigibly cheeky grin plastered on his face), and then wondering to myself, "Am I missing something here??"
It has been an adventure ... it wasn't until I spent two months away from home one Summer, that it struck me how much I missed my Little Brother (it didn't make matters better when his voice changed and he had his growth spurt while I was gone =P). Suddenly, I saw a whole new side of him: all of his sweet little habits, and his eagerness to be helpful.
(Both he and Andrew were on some sort of black pepper kick that year, and since I was missing my brothers so desperately, I would put pepper on all my food. =} )
I'm going to say it.
My Little Brother is the "cutest thing!" ;)
{photo credit: Michaela }

Erik has always had an immensely fun-loving nature =)

Pay no attention to the individuals behind the, um, photoshop? But, rather, notice that I was the same height as my younger brother
...
four years later, there is a good 6in. distance (at least) between us. =}
(this was the Summer I stayed for two months with my Grandparents)

It took just a little bit more time for him, but true to the Fredrickson spirit, he discovered his love for recreational pursuits and is a worthy opponent. =)

We're quite certain that his Spiritual Gift is Serving =)
{photo credit: Michaela }

He has such an eye for detail and spends many an afternoon with his sketch pad, creating intricate floor plans and inspiring architectural structures. He has also designed his own calligraphy script. We enjoy reading books and discussing them and going on walks together. =)
Since I was in between two boys, and did not have a sister my age, he was such a sweet Little Brother and would humor me by playing house and paper people with me. =}

This was right before walking to the library one delightful day! =)
Happy Birthday Erik, I love you!
Ta-ta,
Phia
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Awe... okay agreeing with the baby-sitters ;-) but maybe don't tell him that :-p Lovely post Phia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, okay, Erik is pretty much straight up awesome (and you didn't mention his talent as an artist).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)