Thursday, December 22, 2011

Not Happening ...

I tried, and I tried (and others tried for me =) to think of some feasible scenario to fit the Ten Lords a-leaping into this little narrative - from police officers on pogo sticks, a group of ten bungee-jumping lords from England, a traveling troupe of Irish step-dancers, to presidential bobble-heads that bounce, etc.; alas, the sting of defeat was inevitable. I am greatly saddened if I have dashed any (or all) of your expectations for the ten lords ... come, come! Not to fear, I shall still share with you the special meaning behind these lordly chaps. =)

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ten lords a -leaping.

"Lords were men with authority to command people's obedience. Ten lords a-leaping symbolize God's ten basic laws, otherwise known as the Ten Commandments.

You shall have no other gods. You shall not make and bow to any carved images. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Honor your father and your mother. You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. You shall not covet your neighbor's things. ~ Exodus 20:3 - 17 {paraphrase}."

Only two days of Christmas remaining, and then - voila! - it's Christmas. =) I do hope that you have had (unlike myself) a head start on your gift-giving. I tell you the truth, each December, Christmas springs upon me more swiftly than the year previous. =} Our little Smoo is coming to visit tomorrow! And if he isn't enough to fill my {earthly} cup of Christmas-cheer to overflowing, I don't know what is. =)

Ta-ta,
Phia

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Phia,

    (You must read this is your best British...)

    Personally, I love the visual of policemen on pogo sticks. I already see my dear Jacob bouncing down the street...

    In case I don't visit you again before Sunday, I pray you have a merry Christmas, my dear, celebrating the birth of Christ with your family!

    Blessings,
    Mrs. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. First and foremost... I love your new background and header! Very Sophia. ;)
    Second.. thank you so much for posting the 12 days of Christmas! It's been so much fun reading these everyday. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, thank you, Mrs. S! And the same sweet wishes to you! ... heehee =) Hugs!

    Gianna! Oh I am so pleased you think so. =) That would be Evy's handiwork.=D It makes my heart very glad that you have obtained some measure of enjoyment from the posts. =)

    Miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always; a great post!!! This one in particular! I just really enjoyed this one for some reason... Very cute. Feliz Navidad, amiga!!!!!!! <3 All my hugs and love,
    Nanners =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving this series of posts, Phia! I look forward each day to learning more about the history behind the Twelve Days of Christmas.
    Many Christmas blessings to you, dear!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)