Sunday, December 18, 2011

Six Potential Feather-Pillows

Geese - they are as familiar to me as grass or trees. On the surrounding property in my neighborhood, there are several tribes of - geese - that somehow manage to *always* prolong their summer holiday ... through the entirety of winter, to be precise. I've given it some consideration, and I have arrived at the conclusion that they're all dyslexic; the reason being, *most* sane fowl fly [South] for the winter, correct? Mmmhhmm, not these special birds {perhaps, in their minds, it's because they're already South of Canada? Anyhoo...}. It is their tribal tradition to be unconventional. My point being, there would have to be an enormously special reason for me to accept a gift of *six* geese a-laying (goslings, I'm fine with). ;) So let us learn something new! =)

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me six geese a-laying.

"In many cultures, eggs symbolize new life. Six geese laying eggs became reminders of the six days of creation when God, by his Word, brought forth life on earth. God spoke and filled the earth with plants, birds, animals, and people during the first six days of creation, as found in chapter one of the book of Genesis.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth ... God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. and there was evening, and there was morning ~ the sixth day. ~ Genesis 1:1, 11"

Oh what a glorious day! I had the very happy privilege to Carol the Good News of Christmas with a group from my church, and share the gift of Jesus' love with those who were walking by, or who stopped to listen. =) "It is more blessed to give, than to receive" - I concur! And to consider, that sharing Jesus' love with others is not just something you can do with your church, once a year at Christmas time - you can *choose* to do it every day, anytime you are able to interact with other people ... be it only a smile, or having the opportunity to talk with them. My Jesus is awe-some! And may I never be so selfish as to keep His free gift all to myself - He intended for me to share it with others. <3

*sigh* May your day be as merry and bright as mine was (and even more so)! =)

Ta-ta,
Phia

5 comments:

  1. I'm not very fond of your neighborhood geese Phia =) They stick around too long!!! And make too big of a mess =) But of course, your post was exceptional :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precisely my sentiments, Hannah. ;)Thank you, friend. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurlllll, Great post! We went caroling yesterday, too! Haha, yeah, there are tons of geese there that make a pretty big mess! Lol. I liek the way they sound though. Lol. <3 Love ya bunches, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Phia,

    How delightful to discover your blog! I'm going to spend some time reading and learning about those twelve days and just what they all mean...

    Now you need a blog button, dearie. :)

    Love,
    Mrs. S

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Mrs. Soto,

    I'm so glad that you found me. =) I would love a blog button! Alas, I have not the foggiest idear as to how one is made. =/

    I missed seeing you at Naperville this Sunday - I hope you are feeling better! =)

    Hugs,
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)