Thursday, December 15, 2011

This Late Hour ...

*gasp* There are no pictures in this post! =O I attribute it to the lateness of the evening . You have my deepest apologies. =( You shall simply have to use your magnificent imagination! =)

*ding-dong*
"Merry Christmas ma'am/sir! These just arrived, registered mail - three chickens, addressed to you!"
[You silently take the clucking crate from the amused post-man, and wonder where you will keep the hens...pondering about what you could possibly receive next.]
=)

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me three French hens.

"French hens were valuable poultry during the sixteenth century - only the rich could afford them. These costly birds symbolized the three valuable gifts given to Jesus by the wise men: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Gold was the most precious of all metals. Frankincense and myrrh were expensive spices used as incense and for burials.

When they [wise men] saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child ... and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. ~Matthew 2:10-11"

It has been a most unusual, exciting sort of day, and I am looking forward to an equally grand one tomorrow! =)

Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas dear readers!

Ta-ta,
Phia

3 comments:

  1. I love the 2nd paragraph of this post! You could write a "Twelve days of Christmas" story for my story contest (It would be ok if you went over the word limit) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I'm so glad you liked it, Allie. =} Hey, hey! That would be fun, I say. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say *DO IT* especially after reading your last post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)