Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Remembering the Peak

Sunrise hitting the Peak
{starting early is a huge perk =}

It was so good of Cousin Terri to guide us part way =)

I love sunrises and sunsets; however, I think I'll play favorites and say that I am more inspired and energized when I witness the sun greeting the day...and seeing it come up over the mountains was glorious. <3

Merely a suggestion when climbing mountains: Pack light. ;P

And also, Take pictures.

Heidel and her mad rock-lifting skills. She's a champ.

Walking sticks - they'll add a year onto your life. 

Good Morning 

My Mountain 

Erik :: Fellow Climber of the Peak

Another one of my 'dreams' has been to climb a mountain, and partake of CLIFF bars for snacks. ;}

Barr Camp = 1/2 way!

A rest for weary pilgrims ...

I could scarcely take it all in <3

Perhaps we shall expect Christmas in July ...

My Mountain Climbing Chum =]

A good point at which to commence the yodeling - no joke ;)

Rugged Terrain <3

"Oh beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain ...

... for purple mountain majesties, above the fruited plain!

America! America!
God shed His grace on thee, and crown thy good with
brotherhood from sea to shining sea!"
It's difficult to distinguish; but, there's a rainbow - (of course I was already breathing irregularly, at 14,110 ft. above sea level) - and it seriously took my breath away. <3
It took us 9 hours to climb it (yes, we are very much amateurs =), 
and 1/2 an hour to drive down ... 
Thanks for climbing with me, little brother. <3

A rather significant "thanks awfully!" to Dad and Mum for their consent; to Terri for letting us use her walking sticks, inspiring us, and guiding us half-way; to Mum for preparing our provisions; and to my Heavenly Father for being our strength, and for creating - Mountains. <3

Pip-pip,
Phia

Post Script ~ Thanks to those of you who were keeping us in your thoughts and prayers during the Journey to the Heart! 
(This phrase has taken on an added dimension) 
God moved mountains. <3 
I am eager to share with you soon-ish. =)



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Wow- how beautiful!! And quite different from the hills of Pennsylvania where we go!

    Yay for snow in the summer time! ;D

    Looks like you had a fantabulous trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was utterly breath-taking, Jenny. I so hope that you get to go some day! =)

      Delete
  2. Did Evy take more pictures of you, S'phia? Your profile picture looks different, yet very cute! Amanda might be going up there next month... What do you say, should I tag along? She invited me... As always, a great post! <3 I love me some Monkey!!!
    -ans hes mor-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heehee Yes, she did some Spring Senior pics for me. =] *gasp* Is there any question in this, Nans?? For definitely, PLEASE COME! Erm, in July? I might not be here. =(
      *monkey hugs*

      Delete
  3. What a fun and lovely blog you have here. I am a newbie. :) Do you live in CO or were you just visiting? I live in CO/SP and see Pikes Peak everyday from our front room widow.
    have a blessedful day.

    ~Jayme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hullo, Jayme! It is lovely to meet you. =) My name's Sophia. *sigh* Do I ever wish I did live in CO...as it is, my family and I were just visiting. For lovely! It would have been nice to meet you while we were there. To be sure, I'll hopefully make it out that way again. =)
      Go with God!
      Pip-pip,
      Phia

      Delete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)