Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dreamy Thots of my Colorado ...

I am returned ... well, in person; but, really - I'm still in Colorado.
'Smitten' is a light term. =P
Because, when I saw this ... it took my breath away.

And when my eyes beheld that horizon ... I stopped breathing.
{only for a brief moment - because, the next, I was squealing 'mountains'!}

What could possibly be added to my cup of utter happiness??
Having two blissful weeks with the Evin-Lad & co.!
*helpless googly-eyes commence*

Our stellar relatives, Tom & Terry, were our lovingly generous hosts for the week. =D
(When was the last time you had eight people {7 of whom you've never met} descend upon your abode for 6 1/2 days? I dub them chums! =)
This is the view that they have every morning ... =O
I submissively 'died' for the third time. 

Love at first sight ... the Peak of Pike's. <3

(note: biggest challenge of the week - fitting 14,110 ft. of elevation into Instagram ... didn't even come close =P there is no way you can wholly experience mountains in photographs - I will simply take you to CO so you can =] )
A day at the Mollie Kathleen Mine in Cripple Creek ...

where the descendants of former residents are only too eager to come up to tourists and tell you a bit about their history (in exchange for apples, naturally ;)!

Stepping back into an original frontier homestead ...

Sleeping out under the stars one night - perfectly undisturbed by any squitos-mos (why? because they don't live at that elevation! *dancing for happy*) ...

~Sibling games of Clue~
Col. Mustard being my choice of character 

Exploring a Historic Castle with Interest

Delighting in the Clear Springs of Manitou

Unexpectedly dying again - it's a Bagpipe Man, people! In Colorado ... hoi I was beside myself =}

The Hike of the Peak

In a Dream ...

Words cannot convey ...

Touring the Air force Academy

Visiting Focus on the Family HQ ...

... where Whit's End was found! =D

These are a measly 20 photos out of 300+ ... believe you me, there is far more to come! =]
I still have mountains in my eyes ...  

I've experienced another aspect of the grandeur of my God - *mountains*

Looking over my journal entries regarding CO, one will notice a certain absence of the following:
!'s, =D's, and <3's.
I tell you the truth, that is highly irregular. ;P
This is not resulted as a lack of keen interest, joy, delight, or spirit-soaring bliss - it's more of an awe.
If, in conversation with me, you have witnessed the un-finished sentences, waving of hands, incoherent utterings, etc. when I am talking about a subject that particularly tickles my fancy, you will understand my usage of the formerly mentioned !'s, =D's, and <3's when I journal. ;)
Sometimes words simply cannot express one's feelings.
Thus, when I can't even communicate my emotions with the above three, you can know I'm truly overwhelmed.

How inexpressibly grateful I am for my delicious mountain dream-come-true. <3

My God is the One Who forms mountains.

That has an entirely added dimension for me.
 It makes me more aware of my inestimably small self - and more conscious of His incalculable hugeness.

As Louie G. expresses it, "It's not a bad shrinking feeling, it's a good shrinking feeling!"

Pip-pip,
Phia











Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Love this post =) Oh yes, I know allll about trying to squish mountains into photographs. Simply doesn't work...not well at all. In person is much better. Glad you had fun. Looks like the "ideal" family vacation..but I DID miss you in Nashville ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heehee For definitely, Hannah! ;P And I missed seeing you, girl! ='(

      Delete
  2. It's hard to capture the amazingness of beauty & scenery in photos & especially on Lawrence, so that tells me that CO is even more wonderful than they say! Spelndo job on taking captured moments though, Sophist! I loved the post through & through. Awe, look at little Evin ;) I mostly love the cabin at Cripple Creek! Way to go darlin, you've made us bananas proud. Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Ansel, it goes the same way - you Bananas make us monkeys pleased. =] I'm so glad you liked it, dear. <3

      Delete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)