Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"And the Glory of Children ...

... are their fathers."
~Proverbs 17:6 b

This is inexcusably overdue.
My first thinking was to do a post the week of his birt{h}day; however, when that came and left, my next thinking was to do said post the week of Father's Day, right?
That having come and gone, I last minute-like decided to do his post - today! =)

My dearest Daddy celebrated his birtday in April!
And this is a tribute to him ... <3

he likes to take us places.
and we like it when we're taken =)

{brookfield zoo - 2008}

he is our spiritual leader <3

{family devotions}

he gave me his smiley-dimples =}

{2010}

where my love of hunting originates
{shoot, bang ... ;}

{northern minnesota - 2011}

his first daughter-walk down the aisle <3

{tim&evy's wedding - 2010}

first time being 'grandpa fred' =)

"Children's children are the crown of old men..."
;)

{e's work - for the next four =}
 
 
 


a pretty swell duo =]


I'm so grateful for a father who is:
godly
loving
sensitive
discerning
understanding
funny
disciplined
benevolent
{ ... }

Who is my:
protector
teacher
'pastor' ;)
friend
mentor
fellow language scholar
coach

Who:
baptized me
disciplined me in love
inspired me to play piano
taught me to love the Bible
taught me how to hunt
taught me how to drive
handed me my diploma
{ ... }

Who has:
<3 my heart <3

{2008}
i love my daddy <3 


Happy Birtday =)

Pip-pip,
Phia
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Aww, this is a special post Sophia! Happy belated birthday to Dr. Fred!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was getting all emotional when I was typing it up and picking out pictures. =') Once again, it was a delight to spend time with you, doing our favorite past-time. ;)

      Delete
    2. I too got emotional when I read this. So sweet and endearing. How precious to have your father give you your diploma! :)
      I too enjoyed our time together! :)Hah-hah, now I can drive and pick you up instead of waiting for you to arrive! *Shing*

      ~Mish-mish

      Delete
  2. Awe savvy! That's so sweet of you... My lil' friar is so weeeeetle in the 1st photo. x-D Did someone take portraits of you, my N girl? I WANT TO SEE THEM(;
    I love my some Sophia Grace-ness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Ans, you bring much good medicine into my monkey-life. ;) Love you so much!

      Delete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)