Sunday, August 19, 2012

So, I Met this Guy ...

... 1 year ago, August 11th ...



... And I am still completely smitten. =]
After being so eagerly anticipated (for what felt like an age), I held him in my arms for the very first time.
<3


~ The Early Days ~


I stayed with T + E for a week, after the dear boy's arrival (!).
And this is the look I would get when I'd put him down, so I could go and do the dishes. =]


I knew we were going to have fun with his hair, from the very beginning! ;}


And we most certainly have ... +]

An early social appearance. 


Don't the eyes enchant?!
(def. #2 =)


Happy Holding Times


Transfixed with looking at himself in the camera ;)


He undeniably resembles both of my brothers (in my opinion).
Uncle - Nephew

(I'll have to show you a picture from Erik's babyhood, at some point =)

Adorably Curious 


His reaction to seeing Heidi is hilarious!
He always thinks that she's going to chase him (I wonder why? ;), so
he'll giggle and hide his face in the shoulder of whoever's holding him at the moment.
=D


The only way to keep Baby from removing sunglasses from face, is to occupy hands, so as to prevent them from performing said action. =}
And this is the face, resulted.


Being Thoughtful
(er, perhaps, bored? ;)


The noise that comes with this face is cuteness at it's best!


He's at a fun age to take to the Zoo - he puts up with a lot. ;)


Grandpa Fred and his Grandson <3


He enjoys riding things ...

Lions ...


... Airplanes ...


... and Skateboards, to name several. =)


Fluffy Child

"Hellooo?"
{everything is a phone}

Such Sunshine!

Growing Well!

*sniff*
He can feed himself =')

Favorite past times include:
Carrying Evin-sized suitcase around the entire house; eating ... ; helping 'clean'  (I know he means well =); cuddling with fuzzy things (or trying to rearrange their faces, with his teeth ... depends on his mood ;); holding objects ... he has this sixth sense, where he knows precisely what he shouldn't hold, and then attempts to grasp Forbidden Item =P; riding on Great Grandma's mobile chair-lift; getting tickled on his head; getting rides in baskets ...
"These are a few of {his} favorite things!" =)

Saying "please" for his yummies, by clasping both hands together. 
How can one refuse him anything when that adorably hopeful smile is present!

We captured him in an over-sized T-shirt ... 

... this is how he felt about it. =]

Charming Chap!


 He stays tremendously busy ...

This is the 'talking-to-himself' expression ;)

Visit The Little Intern for updates on Evin's adventures!

1st Birtday Festivities!

Most amusingly, the boy would rather Collect Rocks, or take handouts from peoples' dinner, than open presents.

Photo-booth Merriment!

He's going to master the whole whistling-with-your-fingers thing!

"For he is an Englishman!"

Evin and newly acquired Fluffy Friend, Geoffrey. =]

Some of my most cherished memories. <3

He's rather the center of attention among'st my peoples =) 

Happy 1st Birt{h}day, Buddy!

Of course, I realize that there are many other aunts and uncles reading this post (or whatever the relation may be), who have the cutest nieces and nephews ever! =]

And you are perfectly at liberty to say so; in fact, I'll say it with you!
It is every fond relation's right. =)
So, I'm certain you shall understand, and will take no offence when I say that,
My nephew is the cutest e.v.e.r. <3

Pip-pip,
Phia


Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. "He is an Englishman."

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. BABY ALERT! Haha. You. have. the. best. nephew-child. ever! Too, too sweet. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, I'm so glad you see things my way, Ansel! ;) Though I must say, when *your* little people start making an appearance, they will be killer-cute. =D

      Delete
  3. Awwww! so adorable! I can't believe it's been an entire year since he was born! Time certainly flies!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoi, you and me both, Ruthums...this whole time going by too quickly is becoming rather huge-ish. =P

      Delete
  4. ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww these are all sooo cute!!!!
    Evin has a unique personality, and when you see all his little expressions, you can't help but smile :)
    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked them, Jenny! =) Indeed, I have never met another one like him... ;)

      Delete
  6. There, you see, darlingheart. I told you it wasn't 'too mean.' I thoroughly enjoyed your deliciously lengthy post of the wee man. He's quite the adorable dook.
    I miss you muchly, muchly, gwathel-nin.
    ~ Sa'ah <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teehee I do so appreciate your putting my mind at ease about it. =} I am sorely missing my brain's duet (I've found yet another description of our friendship! ;)... entirely glad that you liked it, Sa'ah!
      <3<3<3

      Delete
  7. Oh So-G, he is adorable!!!! I'm so happy to finally get to see what he looks like after hearing about him for so long! He also has the funniest and sweetest Aunt ever:)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P-K! I'm so pleased that you found my little blog. =) O you sweet girl. ;] Indeed, I share your opinions in re to my nephew! I hope you get to meet him someday. <3

      Delete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)