Wednesday, April 4, 2012

That Time We Went to The Zoo

This post is going to be full of pictures! 
Annnnnd there would have been even more; however, picasa and blogger are, once again, having behavioral issues. =P So, perhaps, you'll get those in a different post. =]

Frugal Friday Thrift-Shopping with Friend! =D

Oh what vast amounts of fun was had =)
Let's do it again, Chelz!

When I find a raw dish at restaurants, I simply must photograph it! ;P

I drove Dad and Heidi to the Zoo!
{I was not driving when the above was photographed =}

Brookfield Zoo

Oh how I do love red-bud trees ...  


lol We have fun together - really, we do. =)

Heidi-hand/Gorilla-hand

The tropical singing monkeys! 
It was nice and warm inside!

I kind of like this girl ... a lot =)

Soooo, we went to Asia while we were there ...

... annnnnd Africa
(not to make you jealous, or anything ;)

Cute Child Sighting! =)

Heidi and Condor ... Heidies are cuter ;)

My co-workers and I have been reading through the Epistles together, and this week we've been in Colossians.

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."
~ Col. 3:2

I love how God always sends me what I need for each day. <3
It was so timely to have that reminder!
As we were discussing the chapter, someone pointed out that in the Greek, 'affection' is referring to 'mind'.
"Set your [mind] on things above..."
How easy it is to be overwhelmed, and become concerned with the immediate physical things around us - when really, we should be keeping in mind our eternal purpose!
How can we be furthering our Lord's Kingdom in the time and place He has us?

May each of us follow the admonition of Hebrews 12:1

Pip-pip,
Phia







7 comments:

  1. How splendid that you got to travel to Asia and Africa, I was just there on Tuesday. No jet-lag required. We also went scuba-diving in the Living Coast. *Shing* It was a splendid time, perhaps I can send you some pictures or have you over to see them! :D What a delight to read your blog-posts, they make me happy!
    ~Michelle M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! ;) It's grand...ah-ha! We did as well; but, since blogger is being weird, I couldn't upload the photos from the living coast =P It's all good. =] Oh, how I love the *shing*! =# <that is a *shing* ;) Indeed, Schelle, I am very glad you enjoy them - praise the Lord!

      Delete
    2. Ah-ha, ah-ha! *love it!* Forgive me for my lack of memory, but I realized after my posting, we'd gone on Monday, not Tuesday! *sheepish grin* I wuv the living coast, so grand! I also love the shing! :) *Shing!*
      Love you, dearest!

      ~Michelle

      Delete
  2. Hey, I've been to Asia and Africa too.

    Stephen McDaniels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Colossians! Love that word, "affections." Must think about that more today. I'm glad you had fun, you world traveler!!

    Pip-pip,
    Mrs. S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)