Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Camping on an Island

Olive and I took an adventurous camping trip, with some dear chums, in July ...

these are the pictures resulted -


We had to stop here ;)

(i did not eat pancakes . . .  they served oatmeal!)

This was a first!
As we were driving by, both of our heads suddenly jerked to the side. ;)


Lindsay!! =D


I basked in the nautical-ness . . .


Oh, did I mention that our adventurous camping trip took place on an island?
Well, it did, and we went by ferry to get there. =)


No, this was not the ferry. ;P
This was a cruise ship that we saw in cute little Charlevoix. =)


Ah, some manner of distant floating structure . . .


South Manitou Island!
(and Ranger Sean ;)


Our lodgings =]


The island's main inhabitants being garter snakes and chipmunks, it was required that we keep anything with a scent elevated. 


We Happy Campers!
(soon, not-so-happy because of goodbyes ='( )


Next, we popped on over to visit some other dear chums!


Where we were delightfully treated to a relaxing day in Charlevoix. =)


Lovely Ladies <3


Refreshment . . .


A quaint place to enjoy our afternoon.


And, now, I leave you with a bowl of comfy happiness!


There are so many and much more things, places, people, events, occurrences, and expotitions I want to tell you about; regrettably, I am pressed for time, so it shall have to keep. =]

ROMANS 4:21

Pip-pip,
Phia
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I've been to S. Manitou! Lovely little island...I think we climbed up top of a lighthouse there. I know for certain that we picked and ate lovely, sweet, wild blackberries there! We went with the Johnson family...fun, fun, fun! Glad you had time to relax in Ch.voix. Michigan is my homeland, I love it and miss it!

    {{{HUGS}}},
    Mrs. H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, that is so neat, Mrs. H.! At last, someone who's heard about it. ;) Oh, I really wanted to go to the lighthouse ... regrettably, it didn't happen this time. Indeed, it is a most lovely homeland. =] I would miss it, too!
      Love,
      Phia

      Delete
  2. WOah. WOah WOah. Shweeeetness, my friend. WHat jolly good, wholesome fun you had.
    All this BIG love,
    pAnsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was jolly-good-wholesome fun! ;)
      We should go camping sometime, Nans. <3

      Delete
  3. That's so cool! A Sophia's pancake house and a Fredrickson drive. I love the street name right above Fredrickson; it's so pretty. Ah, Sophia, I am rather a little jealous of your glorious adventure. Hm, hm, I *very* much like the picture of the bicycle. Of course. ;)
    Sgwidgle thinks that he and Sgweegla should go flying sometime now that Being Together is back. I rather think it's a good idea. :)
    ~ Sa'ah <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Leelenau is rather pretty. =)Funny (though not surprising ;), I thought of you when I first read it. ;) We must simply have an adventure of our own. =} Sgweegla's sentiments are mutual! Being Together is such a dear friend.
      ~Jane <3

      Delete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)