Sunday, September 30, 2012

Spare 'Oom: Part 1

Here it is!
Photographic evidence that the Spare 'Oom did, indeed, get itself painted. =]

Brilliance has Just Occurred

{this picture has nothing to do with jolly-well anything ... I simply found it amusing how accidentally perfect this shot turned out! ;}

Preliminary Messiness =P


I highly advise working with fellow-enthusiastic siblings. +)


The First Stroke 
(er, Roll?)


Strokings, early on . . .


Ah, you can see the lovely change from the discolored-white, to the Gray-gloaming. <3 


I dearly enjoy projects with these two!


Tedious, quite . . .

{by the bye, we had exceedingly perfect weathers for such goings-on!}

Windows - check!


Before


After <3


Beauty painting Beautifully
{this is truth}


Her well-spring of patience was put to good use going over the trim in it's entirety! ;)


The very color clears my thinking.
And to think of the way God provided it, no charge, was an incalculable blessing! 


I was enormously grateful for Friend-Support. =]
Thanks awfully, Sa'ah and Schelle. <3


teehee
Discovering Nephew-Things under the bed!
It's a good thing he came up to claim them, because, we captured him . . .
I hope he leaves more belongings, so we can hold him hostage again! ;) 


So, the morning before painting commenced, I was feeling slightly overwhelmed about turning the house upside-down and inside-out for an entire week, not knowing precisely how long the pro-cess would last, having irrational second-thoughts about the color that was chosen, and blee-blee-blah-blah, etc.! ;P
Undeniably, my God always knows what I'm facing each and e.v.e.r.y day; because, that morning, when I was having my re-charging time with Jesus, He gave me this verse: I Chronicles 28:20

"And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed; for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD."

And when I looked up some of the words in the Greek {which is a favorite past-time of mine =}, it blessed my heart out!

fail; to be slack, be remiss, be idle; let fall, let drop; to withdraw; to let alone, abandon, desert, leave off, quit.
finished; to be completed, finished accomplished, ready; to be at an end. It is the total task, working until the job is done. It is an all-or-nothing sort of word.

Annnnnnd the primary reason for re-doing the old SO, is because that's where our guests stay, and we want to encourage and refresh those who will be staying there - "the service of the house of the LORD."!

God was reassuring and strengthening my spirit. Telling me that He wasn't going to be remiss or let the project drop until the task, in it's totality, was completed, for the service of His house!!

Is that a hug or what! <3
He delights to build my faith in everything - no matter what the size.

Trust - confidently expect - Him to do above and beyond!!

Pip-pip,
Phia

Post Scriptum
We are now in the phase of decoration . . . jolliness, positively! +) 

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, the dark wood of the closet door stands out beautifully against the white and grey. Lovely, quite. I can hardly wait to see the transformation complete.
    That is such a special love-note from Abba. The past several days, each of the entries in the devotional book I've been reading has seemed to be about just what I needed most to be reminded of. It is truly amazing how God knows what we need and opens our hearts to understanding at just the right time.
    Oh, Darling, I do hope you feel better soon!
    Immense love,
    Your Sa'ah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! <3 I quite agree (^all of the above ;). Darling, you were *such* a spectacular help to me, through all of this. <3 Many thank-lees. =]
      Your S'phia

      Delete
  2. Once again, immensely uplifting! I smiled at the first picture, that is Oly to a T (not that are any t's in her name...).
    Keep up the good work and thank you for that encouragement...again! :) As they say at STEP: Finish STRONG!
    Much love and thought,
    ~Mish-mish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Schelle, thank-yous. =]
      Same 'ere,
      Soph-soph

      Delete
  3. I yearn for the day when I find by niece or nephew's belongings under *my* bed! WAY TO GO FRED SISTERS! It looks awesome & y'all did a wonderful job. I love you peeps. <3
    Come visit asap!!!!! :D
    ALL LOVING,
    ANNERS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting closer and closer every day, Ans! ;)
      Super hope that 'potential visit' takes tangible form soonly. <3
      Hugs,
      Sophers

      Delete
  4. Well done! I love the grey...

    {{{HUGS}}},
    Mrs. H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks awfully, Mrs. H.! Indeed, the grey was a lovely idea submitted by my incredibly artistic little brother. =]

      (HUGS BACK)
      Phia

      Delete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)