Monday, October 22, 2012

Challenge-17: Post the 4th


"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
~Romans 8:28~


{this location is explained below =}

So, due to some jolly and spontaneous plans, I was able to spend some glorious quality time with dear friends the other day! =D
It was entirely epic.

{SIDE STORY #1}
Now, scheduled for the same day, was one of my weekly child-care jobs, which commenced around the same time that we friends were planning to meet up . . . I was in a strait, betwixt two: wanting to fulfill my prior commitment to the children, and not wanting to return to the old homestead past pumpkin-hour (if I were to do both, it most certainly would have landed me as said squash). =/
What solution was reached?
Well, as I've already made mention of, I have a positively peachy chum of a younger brother! He, most graciously, took my place with the young ones, and I was thus, able to be with friends, and conclude the evening mcuh ealier than it would have been, without cutting it short! =D
And, peachy chum of an older brother, was enormously helpful as well!
Love my brothers, zwei. <3

{SIDE STORY #2}
Right, well, this morning, the dawning realization of the Giving Season's swift advancement, in our calendar, hit me like a "16 lb hunk of beef" (not so very unpleasant, at all -merely a large pressure meeting with another...erm, somewhat suddenly ;).
Being fourth-born of six; sister-in-law; Aunt; daughter; cousin; friend, etc. it is somewhat of a helpfulness and  boon to have a couple 'cabbage leaves in the garden', so to speak (to be sure, a good lot of you have even more blessings to gift-hunt for!). =}

And, d'you know what?
*By the grace, goodness, and faithfulness of God*
My first thinkings were not of anxiety or concern, brain-wrackingly scrambling for idears to 'raise support'. ;]
Wondering, "Will this work out? Will God provide?" - much to my surprise (and great peace-of-mind!), those interrogatives didn't receive Admission Tickets in the swirl of thoughts that were filling-in.
The question is asked - Why?
The answer is given - It is most undeniably not from anything found in Sophia! Oh no, not at all{.}
Sophia's been there, believe.you.me. - not only is she awful with directions in the physical world, but she also has a remarkable knack for taking the loooooongest most round-about, end-up-nowhere sort o' train tracks in the spiritual realm. It is only thanks and praise to her Loving Heavenly Father, Who has given her The Map, and Who has carefully placed accurate Sign-posts and Traffic Police at tricky intersections and dead-ends! - It's as a result of meditating on and claiming the promises that come from the Scriptures. They are ripe for each one of His children; but, we have to 'digest' them for ourselves - God is a caring Parent, and He's not going to force-feed us.  <3
It's because of so many promises like the one below, that He rules as Peace in my heart!
"O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." ~Psalm 34:8
Time and time again He has proved Himself to me - telling me, "Sophia, I will take care of you. Look to me and confidently expect it!"
"And being fully pursuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform."~Romans 4:21
Through some way, person, occurrence, means, etc. what is needed, will be provided for. <3

All that as background, the office was not super busy today. I walked in, said "Hullo!" to my awesome co-workers, had a spiffing-surprise visit with a family that had stopped in, then said "G'bye!" to my (still) awesome co-workers ;), and headed home to be productive for the afternoon.
Several minutes following my arrival to the home-front, me Mum salutes self with a prospective temporary typing-job for a dear lady's business, whom, having broken her wrist, was unable to keep up with orders and mailings.
Well, there must have been a purpose for my not being needed in the office, and here was a need already!
Pictured above and below, are photos of the lobby, in this lady's apartment building. =) Abso-bally-lutely transported me, quite, when I beheld the interior of previously stated structure. =O/ =D
And so, I spent a delightful afternoon typing (not on a comp-y, but a typewriter! =), in the cheerful society of a new friend. <3
Dear reader, that is yet another story of how He worked all things together for good!

Hoi, that was a tome. ;P
You're a chum for reading. 

{what a load o' literature!! =}

Pip-pip,
Phia

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Yes, dearest, that WAS a tome, and I'll take the title of "chum" for reading through it all, side-stories and what not! You are a delight :-)

    Love and {{{HUGS}}},
    Mrs. Havens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol O Mrs. Havens, your comments mean so much to me. <3 It is truly a delight to share of the adventures He takes me on, and the lessons He is patiently teaching! =D

      Love and [[[HUGS BACK]]],
      Phia

      Delete

Thanks muchly for commenting ... it was terribly chummy of you. =)